As the holiday season descends upon Spokane, our city transforms into a dazzling wonderland of twinkling lights, festive decorations, and seasonal cheer. From traditional neighborhoods adorned with classic displays to modern light festivals, Spokane offers a variety of enchanting Christmas light experiences for locals and visitors alike. In this guide, we’ll take you on a tour of the best places to witness the magic of Christmas lights in Spokane.
- Manito Park and Botanical Gardens: (4 West 21st Avenue, Spokane)
Begin your festive journey at Manito Park, where the beauty of nature blends seamlessly with the magic of Christmas lights. Enjoyt the holiday drive thru lights on select weekends. The Gaiser Conservatory becomes a radiant display of color, with thousands of lights illuminating the lush greenery. Stroll through the Duncan Garden and the Japanese Garden, both adorned with tasteful light arrangements that enhance the park’s natural charm.
- Davenport Grand Hotel Window Displays
Downtown Spokane comes alive with holiday spirit, and one of the highlights is the Davenport Grand Hotel’s magnificent light display. The hotel’s exterior is adorned with thousands of lights, creating a picturesque scene that captures the essence of the season. Take a leisurely walk around the hotel and enjoy the festive atmosphere that extends throughout the downtown area.
While technically just across the border in Idaho, the Coeur d’Alene Resort’s Holiday Light Show is a must-see for anyone in the Spokane area. A short drive away, this enchanting display features over 1.5 million lights and includes a breathtaking journey on a cruise to see the lights from the water, making it a magical experience for the entire family.
For a touch of elegance, head to the historic Davenport Hotel and partake in the annual Christmas Tree Elegance event. This charitable fundraiser features a display of beautifully decorated Christmas trees, each with its unique theme. Visitors have the opportunity to win these stunning trees through a raffle, and the funds raised go towards supporting local charities.
- South Hill’s Candy Cane Lane: (S Tekoa between 37th and 40th)
Embrace the charm of a classic Christmas neighborhood at Candy Cane Lane on Spokane’s South Hill. This community tradition sees residents coming together to create a festive spectacle of lights and decorations. Drive or stroll through the neighborhood to experience the warmth and joy emanating from the carefully adorned homes.
- Liberty Lake Winter Glow Spectacular (20298 E Indiana Ave, Liberty Lake)
- Riverfront Park (4 West 21st Avenue, Spokane)
- Northwest Winterfest (404 N Havana St, Spokane Valley)
- Cowley Park (Cowley Park, Spokane)
- Coulter Family Holiday House (2069 S Crestmont Dr. Moses Lake)
- Star Wars Christmas Inflatable Spectacular (15604 N Freya St, Mead, WA 99021)
- Lights on Evergreen Drive (E 24th and Evergreen Rd)
- J&J’s Christmas Light Show (14526 E 24th Ave, Spokane Valley, WA 99037)
- The Disney House (832 E Brierwood Lane. Spokane)
North Idaho/CDA Area
- CDA Resort Boardwalk Lights (115 S 2nd St, Coeur d’Alene)
- Papa’s Holiday Lights (350 N Idahline Rd, Post Falls,)
- Broadmoore Lights (2593 W Broadmoore Dr, Hayden)
- Zeilstra House (6991 Elmberry Ave, Rathdrum)
- Street decorated in Hayden Lake (York Ct in Hayden Lake)
- Winter Wonderland (7839 Good Water Loop, Coeur d’Alene)
Spokane, Washington, truly comes alive during the holiday season, offering a plethora of Christmas light displays that captivate the hearts of residents and visitors alike. From the scenic beauty of Manito Park to the dazzling lights of downtown and the charming community spirit of South Hill’s Candy Cane Lane, there’s no shortage of festive delights to enjoy. So, bundle up, gather your loved ones, and embark on a magical journey through Spokane’s sparkling wonderland this Christmas.
Let us know if you know of a spectacular holiday house or light display to add to our list!