Wednesday only, you can enjoy the Chef’s special 6 oz. Certified Angus Beef Burger of the moment with a side of house Parmesan Truffle Chips for only $10! Today’s burger was a 100% Angus beef patty on a brioche bun stuffed with Caramelized Onion Aioli, 2 kinds of ooey gooey Cheddar Cheese, House stacker Pickles, and Butter Lettuce all smothered in Bourbon BBQ Sauce.
It was a little messy, but I would definitely give it an A++! I’ve already begged Chandler to bring me back next Wednesday. Why can’t I just job shadow Chandler every day?
Hey! My name is Jeannette and today was Job Shadow Day at my middle school, and I decided to job shadow Chandler because I wanted to see what happens behind the scenes at Spokane Eats! As it turns out, running Spokane Eats is much harder than it actually looks.
Here are some things I learned about being a food blogger during my job-shadow with Chandler:
1. You are really busy. We had to fit like a million things into that one day. No breaks. No sitting.
2. You have to take pictures of everything. Food, landscapes, people, buildings, signs, everything.
3. You have to move the food around to get the best angle.
4. Sometimes you have to ask to sit at a special table in the restaurant to get the best lighting.
5. You have to be ok with eating cold food. It takes a while to get the best shot.
6. You have to do your research. Chandler knew exactly where to go on a Wednesday for lunch. All day happy hour and the burger special at Downriver Grill.
7. You have to work hard to work off all the food you eat. Chandler made me go on an hour long walk after lunch then we went to a spin class after our meeting, but it’s ok because she took me to get froyo after spin 🙂
For lunch, we went to Downriver Grill. On Wednesday, they have Happy Hour Specials all day! Tuesday-Sunday, Happy Hour is 2pm-5pm. Some Happy Hour specials include Cheddar Quesadilla’s, Local Garbanzo Bean Hummus, Gorgonzola Fries, Chef’s Fresh Tacos of the Day, Grilled steak Skewers and more.
We also ordered the Roasted Beet Salad with Arugula, Red Wine Cherries, Gorgonzola, Almond Brittle and Sherry-Maple Vinaigrette and the local green garbanzo bean hummus as an appetizer. Chandler loves to get me to try new things and she loves it even more when I like it! Proud to say that I am now a hummus fan. If you aren’t in the mood for a burger on Wednesday, they also have lots of gluten free, dairy free and vegan options.
Downriver Grill (3315 W Northwest Blvd, Spokane, WA // 509.323.1600)